Saturday, June 20, 2015

@MySexySaturday #MySexySaturday #Saturday7 #MSSAuthors

It's My Sexy Saturday! Participating authors post 7 paragraphs, 7 sentences, or 7 words.

Today it's seven sentences from The Leonardo Chronicles a bind-up of my award-winning, Victorian polyamorous series Loving Leonardo.


Setting the Stage: 
Nicolas thought he knew himself. But then, he'd hadn't yet met Ellie. Upon waking, he's quite contemplative about the curious American progressive he married.

My Seven: 
In what could only be called compressed time, in our unanticipated courtship, we’d been together for less than a week. She drew me in with her outrageous plan to stop a crime against one of humanity’s treasures. A week ago, I saw marriage as a thing of duty — some far-distant future with a brood-hen of a wife, from whom I’d have to hide my true nature. Then this little tempest came blowing into my home to propose marriage, and for the life of me I don’t know how it was that I agreed. In short order she charmed me. That same charm captivated both Mrs. Fletcher and Grannie. And on top of that, Ellie turned my world upside down and made me question my awareness of my own self. 


What's at the heart of this unusual love story?

My little dog watches TV.  She really does. Nothing makes the little couch potato's day better than a good cat food commercial she can growl at. Cute.

I don't normally listen to the low drone in the background. One day the midday news came on and it caught my attention. It was a full hour of  negative social commentary -- ugly things like bigotry and sexism, forced medical procedures on women, and sneers and jeers at education.. like bettering oneself was a bad thing. Each bit of the news got under my skin like it never had before. There was just. so. much. My generation fought for equality as did those who came before. But it's very true when you finally get some ground under your feet, it feels so good to stand on the accomplishment, the thought of keeping that ground gets smaller in one's mind.

That's where Ellie came from, the heroine in Loving Leonardo. My unusual love story began with this negative news show. The issues I was hearing were Suffragette issues, and you'd think 100+ years later, we wouldn't have to fight for the same ground we'd already won.

The straw that broke this camel's back that day was one about long-time lovers kept apart because they were the same gender. That particular story was heartbreaking. The men had been partners for decades, their love for one another clear in their long commitment. But now one man lay on his deathbed. The other was fighting the courts to be by his side, but both ran out of time. From this tragic story my writer's mind created Nicolas and Luca.

I've felt for a while that society is sliding backwards and there's no doubt the ugliness is spreading. What's one romance writer to do?

Counter with love, of course.

As if directed by some unseen hand, I walked away from the novel I was working on and stepped into the past. My Ellie is a Suffragette and she loves two well-educated men who happen to love each other too. Yes, Loving Leonardo has a message of tolerance. Aside from that, it's an exciting, sexy romp through Victorian Europe on a quest for a book written and illustrated by Leonardo da Vinci for his homosexual lover Salai.

There are two books in the ongoing series and more to come. I invite you into the decadent Victorian world of Loving Leonardo and Loving Leonardo -The Quest. Discover both in The Leonardo Chronicles. Available for pre-order on Amazon and it costs less than buying separately!




۞>>>>۞<<<<۞
۞>>>>More on my other blogs<<<<۞
My Sexy Saturday & Scintillating Sunday Showcase
Weekend Writing Warriors
http://theancillarymuse.blogspot.com/
 
Too many weeds? I've left my wild foods recipes up.
Just scroll back and enjoy. Yum!
My Main Blog ~ Interesting things all month long!




Sample all of my love stories for free

including the one featured today!
See my Links page. I'm everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment