Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sexy Snippets!


It's Sunday and time for Sexy Snippets. Participants post just seven sentences to capture the imagination. Today, I'm offering a sampling from Dreamscape.


Written in homage to Agatha Christie,
Dreamscape is a haunting, a murder, a thriller, a mystery, a time-travel of sorts, and a love story that transcends time. It's also an Easter egg hunt. Not everything is as it appears. Peppered throughout are little clues suggesting a story running behind the scenes. Finding them isn't necessary to the telling of the tale, just a fun twist in my writing. Can you find them all before the story ends? The bigger question is... can a ghost find love among the living?

Setting the Stage~
Jason realizes when he touches Lanie's skin, he actually feels her. Her warmth appeals to this ghost. Her living warmth make him feel just a little bit alive.


My Seven:
His entire being desired to lose himself in the living heat of her. There was simply no stopping himself from caressing her, having lost that particular battle of conscience the first night she lay in his bed. He’d convinced himself that as long as he kept his baser needs to himself, touching her while she was completely unaware was a harmless compulsion. 

Materializing just under the linens, his glowing form lit the sheet like a Japanese lantern. He whispered to her unconscious mind as she lay curled on her side, “Lay back for me, sweetheart, let me look at you fully while I feel how warm you are.”


Unconsciously responding to his suggestion, she rolled on her back, one arm tossed casually over her pillow. 


Once more marveling that he was able to touch her at all, he swept her raven hair back from her lovely face, his thumb lightly traced the delicate arch of her eyebrow.


 >>۞<<
 

"Every once in a while you read a book that is so well written and the story so real that when you finished reading it, you almost want to cry because the story is over. This book is one of those. It seamlessly combines it all, history, romance, mystery and sensuality. Without a doubt, this was one of the BEST books I've ever read."
~ A Reader





 >>۞<<


Sample all of my love stories for free,
including this one.

Subscribe to my main blog.
You'll never know what you'll find.
 

۞>Saturday & Sunday Happenings on my other blogs<۞

My Sexy Saturday & Sexy Snippets
http://calliopesotherwritingtablet.blogspot.com/

Weekend Writing Warriors
http://theancillarymuse.blogspot.com/  

Daily Post & Fun Day Sunday 
http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/


Sunday Snippet
**
A promo op for you too!**
http://exquisitequills.blogspot.com/


See my Links page. I'm everywhere!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I loved it. I got a real sense of his awe as he touched her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful snippet. You can feel his longing and sheer awe here.

    ReplyDelete