Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mile High Sunday Hop #ScintillatingSunday

It's Sunday and I'm trying something new! This week I'm participating in the Mile High Sunday Hop. Authors post 8 paragraphs, 8 sentences, or 8 words. For me it's 8 sentences from The Leonardo Chronicles ~ a bind-up of my award-winning, Victorian polyamorous series Loving Leonardo.


Setting the stage: Aboard a steamer bound for Venice and enjoying dinner with their companions, Nicolas and Ellie meet Luca. Conversation reveals their shared interest in Leonardo da Vinci. Among other things...

My 8~
Our Italian dinner companion reached for his glass, the action raising his cuff slightly. He had fine strong wrists, a jagged scar run up the side and I briefly wondered what he’d done to have gotten such a wound. Drawn to artistry as I was, bone structure often caught my eye when I looked at people and this wrist drew my attention. Michelangelo’s David came to mind — David with his corded forearms and finely-detailed hands slightly larger than they should be a hint to the size of the full erection the artist had in mind, were it made of flesh and not flaccid stone. I wondered who had been his model, for like his contemporary and rival da Vinci, he had a male muse among his models. Lost in thoughts of anatomy, I watched Luca raise his glass to his lips and licked my own before I was aware I’d done so.
 

He leveled me a snow-shadow glance over the rim of his wine glass, before saying, “If you have the inclination Sir Nicolas, I would enjoy conversing da Vinci’s life with a man of your knowledge and kindred interest.” Grinning, he lowered his voice conspiratorially as if he confessed to the others there, “You see, I’m considered quite the bore at home.”

>>۞<<

"I don't normally like first person, but this book pulled me in from the start and wouldn't let go. It was beautifully written. Also, when it comes to erotic, I'm a graphic kind of girl with a sextreme rating. Loving Leonardo was neither really, and yet, hands down, it was the most erotic book I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I loved the ending and the way it signaled to a sequel. I can't wait. Ms Anderson, please hurry up and write it. I'm first in the queue for a copy."
~Author Marie Jermy

What's at the heart of this unusual love story? 
Love knows no boundaries. Loving Leonardo has a message of tolerance between the lines. Aside from that, it's an exciting, sexy romp through Victorian Europe on a quest for a book written and illustrated by Leonardo da Vinci for his homosexual lover Salai.

There are two books in the ongoing adventure series and more to come. I invite you into the decadent Victorian world of Loving Leonardo and adventure to come. Discover The Leonardo Chronicles. Available for pre-order on Amazon and it costs less than buying separately!


۞>>>>۞<<<<۞
۞>>>>More on my other blogs<<<<۞ 

My Sexy Saturday & Scintillating Sunday Showcase
Weekend Writing Warriors
http://theancillarymuse.blogspot.com/
 
Too many weeds? I've left my wild foods recipes up.
Just scroll back and enjoy. Yum!

My Main Blog ~ Interesting things all month long!




Sample all of my love stories for free

including the one featured today!
See my Links page. I'm everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Historicals that incorporate real people from history fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete